If you're having trouble at any stage please contact us at email@example.com.
The goal of this article is to add a new Sales Cloud Connector at your SkyFormation Platform.
Salesforce application limit the number of API calls a day applications integrated with Salesforce,
as SkyFormation could do.
To make sure SkyFormation will not exceed your organization's Salesforce API calls limit
please consult with SkyFormation sales on the expected API calls expected for your organization
and your Salesforce admin on the available API calls for additional application.
For the Salesforce API limit please visit: API Requests Limits at Salesforce developer site.
(1) Have the "Integration via web service API" feature supported by your Sales Cloud edition.
As out of the box Sales Cloud Enterprise and Unlimited versions do.
The Sales Cloud Group Edition (GE) and Professional Edition (PE) need to follow
this procedure to try and get the needed integration APIs open enabled by Salesforce.
(2) A Salesforce user attributes
- Username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Password (e.g. mysecretpassword)
- API token (e.g. yIAyNNuDG2d6HVQtwa8KgqZkF)
Explanation: The user information needed is for a Salesforce user that will be used by the
SkyFormation Sales cloud connector, to integrate with the Salesforce cloud application APIs, and
retrieve the needed audit logs events, changes and information needed by the connector for its
(2) Ensure the Salesforce user used by the SkyFormation Salesforce connector is assigned with the
following system and users permissions:
- Assign the "API Enabled" system permission
- Assign the "View Setup and Configuration" system permission
- Assign the "Manage users" Users permission
Note: The "Manage Users" users permission could only be assigned through the Profile attached to
- Assign the "View All Data" system permission
(1) Use a dedicated Salesforce user for the SkyFormation Salesforce connector.
Explanation: This would ensure no risks on a real user account, better visibility over
the SkyFormation application activities, and ability to secure the specific user account from specific
IP as recommended above for higher security.
(2) Use a very secure password for the user in use by the the Salesforce connector
(3) Limit the IP ranges from where the SkyFormation connector user could login from
Explanation: The Salesforce user used by the SkyFormaiton connector is a privileged accounts
which should only be used from the SkyFormation platform IP. To ensure better security
of the account we recommend to limit the Profile assigned to the user to the IP.
Warning: The Login IP limitation could only be assigned to a Profile. Make sure no other
Salesforce users are assigned with the Profile you limit to avoid access problems to the system.
(1) Add the "Password never expired" system permission to the SkyFormation connector user in
The permission could be assigned using a profile or using a permission set.
Warning: Using this attribute adds more risk for the account to be compromised. Do it with care
and only if aligned with your organization's risk assessments. If you will not use this option make
sure you update the Sales force connector password when ever the user's password or API token are
1. Logon to your SkyFormation Platform:
2. Navigate via left navigation panel to "Settings" section
3. Navigate via New Settings left navigation panel to "Accounts" section
4. Click the "Add Account" bottom
5. At the "SELECT SERVICE TO ADD" choose "Sales Cloud Salesforce"
You will see the below screen:
5. Fill in the following information:
- Account Name
Give this Sales Cloud connector a meaningful name for you. The will become your cloud app
connector name displayed in the SkyFormation platform and added to entire events sent to your
SIEM/Log/Splunk system as identifier.
e.g. "Corporate CRM platform"
Add any text that describe the specific cloud app connector function and meaning for the business.
e.g. "Corporate sales automation and customer relations management platform"
Put the user's password string + the API token key (no spaces).
Put the user's Username value
- Optionally - You could add the connector owner name if needed at the "SELECT OWNER"
- Click "SAVE" bottom
Make sure the "STATUS" of the new Sales cloud connector in the table is OK and green.
Your are done !
Now you are ready to add a configure the events that would be sent to your SIEM/Splunk and the SkyFormation console from the just added SkyFormation Connector.
To learn more go to: How to: Configure A Cloud App Connector To Send Events To SIEM